Benefits of tourism empowering rural India, Airbnb’s new analysis examines benefiting the off-the-beaten track communities
As the travel revolution continues to unfold, the benefits of tourism are spreading further afield across India and empowering locals to earn a living and make ends meet, a new analysis reveals.
Benefits of tourism empowering rural India, that’s presenting fresh opportunities for locals looking for new ways to supplement their income as they grapple with rising costs of living.
Key findings from the analysis:
- In India, the non-urban nights booked have increased by about 140 percent when comparing the second quarter of 2022 with the pre-pandemic second quarter of 2019.
- Internal Airbnb data comparing Q2 2022 with pre-pandemic Q2 2019, shows that a number of destinations outside major cities have seen considerable growth in searches.
- In India, Haldwani, Uttarakhand recorded a growth of about 330 percent during this period, Jibhi, Himachal Pradesh showed more than 270 percent growth followed by more than 240 percent growth in both Bir, Himachal Pradesh, and Varkala, Kerala.
- Basically the typical non-urban Host earnings in India grew by almost 40 percent in the second quarter of 2022 when compared to the same period in 2019.
- On Airbnb, non-urban nights booked for long-term stays (28 days-plus) in India where more than double when comparing the second quarter of 2022 with the pre-pandemic second quarter of 2019.
- Among destinations outside the major cities in India that proved popular on Airbnb for long-term stays in the second quarter of 2022 were Arambol, Naggar, Kullu, Agonda, and Almora.
Benefits of tourism empowering rural India, Many people across India are turning to host as a way to harness the travel revolution in a way that directly benefits them and their families.